Tuesday, December 20, 2011

festive decor for your home

Happy Tuesday scrappy friends!

Can you believe that Christmas is in just 5 short days? I have the week off and for once am not bombarded with a zillion things to do!

Today was my turn to post on the TaDa blog. Iposted my recent project - a very easy to make Christmas tree:

Image

I used the Frozen Tozen collection here: Mosty Toasty and Tree Farm.

Other materials used: large button, wooden spools, wooden balls, star button, Scor Pal and a glue gun.

Directions and Close-Ups

To make the accordian flowers, I used five strips of paper cut from the Frozen Tozen collection. The first strip of paper is approximately 1.75 inches wide and each strip of paper is about a quarter of an inch smaller than the previous strip.

Once the five strips were cut, I used my Scor Pal to make even creases in the paper strip. You can use a Scor Pal or simply fold back and forth without the tool. Once you have the entire strip folded, glue the ends together and form into a circle. I cut out a small circle and placed it over the center of the flower and used my hot glue gun to secure it in place.

I then layered the tree - starting with the biggest circle at the bottom and adhering a wooden spool between each layer.

Close-up of layers:

Image

The top:

Image

That's all from me today - I am off to wrap some gifts!

1 comments:

Cin Cin said...

What a FAB project! TY for always inspiring me! :)