Monday, January 2, 2012

happy new year!

Happy New Year!!

(and a belated Merry Christmas!!) from my family to yours!
I hope everyone had safe travels, got to spend some quality time with friends and family and got lots of rest. We did quite a bit of traveling and visiting ... and I have done zero (z-e-r-o!!) scrapbooking since before Christmas. And for the first time in several years, I didn't get any new scrap supplies either! My mojo has decided to take a bit of a break I guess too ...
I'll be back with my top 11 of 2011 and a bit of a recap post. I'll have another post of projects that I never did post in 2011 later this week! I have to think of my one little word too ... last year it was Believe. Dean thought of it and gave me a rock with it engraved last Christmas. I have had it with me all year. On Christmas morning, I opened up the following gift from my mom:
She didn't know it was my word (or that I even had a word!) but it was so fitting - to receive gifts at the beginning and the end of the year with this word that means so much to me. Maybe it will just stay my word .... :) Do you have a word? If so, leave me a comment! I'd love to hear what they are.
Once again, Happy New Year and here's to a fabulous 2012 for everyone!!
Thanks for visiting!!

4 comments:

Cindy deRosier said...

That is so cool! BELIEVE is a great word. My 2011 word was BALANCE. I've been debating between two words for 2012. As I was cleaning, I found this tiny little metal charm at the bottom of a tub. And wouldn't you know it... it was one of the two words I was considering. So 2012 is my year to CELEBRATE.

DanaMK said...

Glad you had a good holiday! My word for this year chose me. I've had a hectic and frantic last few months with some major life changes. So my word for 2012 is PEACE. So much is involved in this word but it is the perfect one for me.

I love how 2011 began and ended with your word. Awesome!

Lynette said...

Hi Jill

Wishing you and your loved ones an awesome 2012.

I love your word...BELIEVE!

TinyCrafter said...

My word is patience this year. I even keeping a journal.