Friday, January 6, 2012

a look back on 2011 ...

I always like to look back and have a peek at what I created over the past year and what teams I was on.

In 2011, I completed:

Layouts: 53
Double page layouts: 19
Digital layouts: 4
Cards: 33
Sketches: 10
Other: 2

which compares to 2010:

Layouts: 90 (including 5 two-pagers)
Digital layouts: 30 (including 4 two-pagers)
Cards: 14
Sketches: 4
Other: 2

I definitely created less in 2011. But I also had a lot more positive things going on in 2011, especially during the past few months. This has led me to make a lot of positive changes in my life and not be holed up in my craft room as much!! :) Who am I kidding ... I was actually all over the dining room!

In 2011, I was part of several design teams including Creative Scrappers (both as a scrapbooker and as a sketch artist), GDT for Canadian Scrapbooker, TaDa Creative Studios, Tina's Scrapbooking, Sketch Support, GDT for My Scrapbook Nook, GDT for Pixie Dust Paperie Kit Club, guest designer for Colourful Creations, guest designer for City Crafters Challenge blog, guest designer for Scrapbook News and Review Magazine, guest designer for Kristen Aagard Designs ... and as you can imagine, at times, it was a very busy year.

I also had several publications including 13 in Canadian Scrapbooker, one in Cards magazine, four in the Memory Makers Idea Book, and an article with two projects in the Scrapbook News and Review magazine.

I have a few projects I haven't shared yet from 2011 so I'll share them now:

rocket - altered item
This was created for their DT call. I never did get around to sharing this one. I really do love this project - I don't often do altered pieces but this one I loved doing! And Abigail loves playing with it.

Here are some close-ups:


In addition to that project, I also made the following:

unplugged
But I didn't make the cut! :)

My last Sketch Support assignment of 2011 was a one-pager and I created the following digital page:

the real deal

It's our annual children's Christmas party at my work - Abigail got to meet Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Mrs. Claus read them stories and Santa handed out books! It was so much fun!!

And finally:
homerun hitter

This was a Facebook project I did for TaDa Creative Studios that I forgot to post on my blog. It's of Dean hitting a homerun ...

That's it for me today - I hope you are enjoying the new year! I'll be back with my word for 2012 but I'm still having trouble coming up with one - loved reading what yours are! :)

2 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Great post! I'm glad I'm not the only one who created less in 2011!

Emmy said...

I just found your blog! And I absolutely LOVE your work!
hugs 'n smiles,
Emmy